Hardwood Floors Repair and Maintenance by Chicago Flooring Experts
Helping customers save by restoring the beauty of their Hardwood floors
Tom & Peter Flooring has been helping residents in Elk Grove Village and the Greater Chicago area to restore the natural beauty of their hardwood floors for over 15 years. Our craftsmen will work efficiently to leave your hardwood flooring looking brand new, giving careful attention to every scratch, dent or nick on your floor. And to show our appreciation, we’ll treat your home with respect like it’s our own.
Hardwood Floors Repair Chicago – Our Role
Our Chicago Flooring experts will start the repair process by assessing your hardwood floor then discuss with you what will be needed to restore its youthfulness. We aim to exceed your expectations by delivering results that seemed impossible, timely and inexpensively.
Our repair and maintenance flooring services include:
- Removing stains
- Filling hug dents and scratches on the floor
- Replacing planks that have been damage
- Repairing squeaky wood floors
- Stripping and refinishing hardwood floor
- Refinishing faded hardwood floors
If you’re floor has another issue, we’ll be more than willing to help you rectify it. Our craftsmen are courteous and are always willing to find a solution that works best for each customer. Customer satisfaction is principal to us and there’s nothing we dislike more than saying NO to our customers.
Once the repair process has been completed we recommend that you following these steps to avoid any damages to your newly finished floor:
- Leave the floor bare for at least two days before arranging any furniture onto it.
- Lift furniture when arranging them, do not drag across the floor
- Place felt pads on furniture legs to prevent them from scratching the floor
- Wait at least a week before using water on the floor
- Rugs should be left until the final coat of finish is applied to the hardwood, generally one month later.
- Only use rugs with breathable rug pads to facilitate airflow between your hardwood floor and the rug.
- It’s always best to place a mat at entrances and other areas with heavy traffic coming in and out
- If you have pets, ensure that their nails are trimmed to prevent them from scratching the floor.
As a part of our role as the #1 Chicago hardwood flooring company, we like to educate our customers on how to care for their hardwood floor. Hardwood floors will stay beautiful and last a lifetime once properly cared for and we want all our customers to have the best experience with their hardwood floors.
Do’s and Don’ts for Your Hardwood Floor:
- Clean your hardwood floor regularly with a microfiber dusting pad. This will prevent dirt and grit from building up and scratching the surface of the floor. Alternatively, you can use a soft bristle broom to remove existing dirt from the floor.
- If you spill something onto your hardwood floor, use a damped towel to wipe it up immediately. Standing water or other spills may damage the wood and can dull the finish.
- Use rugs as a protective shield if you have kids at home who may spill liquid and drop food onto the floor.
- Install window covers to limit amount of sunlight touching your hardwood floor. Too much sunlight may cause the wood to lose its color.
- Keep the humidity in your building to around 40-45% to prevent your hardwood floor from swelling, shrinking or cracking.
- Steam cleaners may damage your hardwood floor and should not be used for cleaning purposes.
- Cleaners containing ammonia and other harsh cleaning agents such as Murphy® Oil Soap, SOS® Pads, Comet® and SOS® Pads should not be used on hardwood floors since they may cause fading.
- Do not use a mop wet with water on your hardwood floor.
- Do not wax your hardwood floor with a urethane finish.
Need Hardwood Floors Repair Services in your Chicago land Home or Office? Call Us and Request a Free Quote Today!
We’re here to answer to all your Chicago flooring needs. Even with proper care your hardwood floor can become dull and worn. Areas of the floor with high traffic especially will need to be screened and recoated every three to four years. This is why we’re here!
For the past 15 years Tom & Peter Flooring has been rewarding people in Chicago with superior quality Chicago flooring services. Customers like you have rewarded us for restoring the natural beauty of their hardwood floor and we’re confident that you will too.
You may think there’s no hope for the scratched and battered hardwood floor in your living room but we’ll prove you wrong. Give us a call today and find out what makes us so different than other Chicago hardwood flooring companies.